Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone. I do have a little drop of Irish in my blood and I try to wear a bit of green on this day. I love the lilt of the Irish accent. If you ever want to see a good movie with a couple of Irishmen in it, watch In Bruges. It also has three Harry Potter alumni in it. It stars Colin Farrell (Irishman #1), Brendan Gleeson (Irishman #2 and Mad Eye Moody in HP), Ralph Fiennes (Voldemort in HP) and Clemence Poesy (Fleur Delacour in HP).
This movie is one of my favourites set in Bruges, a beautiful town in Belgium. When I first watched it, I thought it kind of boring but then something happens that blows my mind and I couldn't help but fall into the witty conversations and honest feelings of the characters. I think, swearing aside, that it would make a good study in any English class. I also love On Raglan Road by the Dubliners and listen to it on YouTube every now and then. I've watched this movie a few times and love it every time. So, if you want to watch a movie with some Irish lilt to it, watch In Bruges.

No comments:

Post a Comment