Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas to everyone out there. I hope your day is good to you and I hope that you are with the ones you love. If not, let them glow in your heart. I was woken up at four thirty a.m. by my overenthusiastic twelve year old who, apparently, had been up since one a.m. It is now 8:07 and everyone is sleeping soundly and I'm up with no hope of returning to my slumber. Even the dogs have gone back to sleep. Oh well, it was fun to watch them all open their presents. My mother has come down from Edmonton and I love having her here. My dad is not with us anymore and I miss him terribly but having Mom here is really heartwarming.  Last year I got her all the Harry Potter books and movies and she's watched and read them over and over again. So, to get her attention focused on something else for awhile, this year I gave her the complete seven seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I know she'll have hours of fun watching it. My two younger daughters have become addicted to My Little Pony so it was fun to get to buy toys again and they loved them. My eighteen year old daughter was thrilled with all of her gift cards (what else do you buy an eighteen year old girl?) and can 't wait to go shopping  and my husband will be able to trim his moustache perfectly with the new grooming kit I got him. As for me, I got new pyjamas, slippers, housecoat, a huge coffee cup and new shirts. I'm happy. My stepson, girlfriend and daughter will be coming by later and I'll get to see them open their presents. In about and hour I'll have to get the turkey in the oven and fill the house with the rich of aroma of Christmas. That's my day. Again, Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment