Monday, December 12, 2011

My daughter is sick this morning and I channel my mother and her mother and her mother...We all brush back her hair and touch her burning forehead. I hate it when my child is sick. I feel so useless. There is really nothing I can do to help her. But, then I remember when I was little and had the flu. The only thing that made me feel better was feeling the presence of my mom by my side. Knowing that she was there made me feel like everything would be okay. I guess that's what I will do for my daughter.

The snow fell hard yesterday and now it has piled up on the streets. Driving will be scary and I am glad that I don't have to go far today. Maybe, if my daughter is feeling better, I will take the dogs out in the snow. The big one, Sheba, will like that. Her fur is thick and she never seems to get cold. The little one, Pixie, will try to be brave but I know the fresh snow will form balls of ice in her paws and I will end up carrying her. Good thing she only weighs ten pounds. Have a nice day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment