Sunday, January 22, 2012

Well, today I got up made coffee, did laundry and ironing then I got in my car, drove over to Chapters and bought a Kobo ereader. I figured if I'm going to publish ebooks, I'd better start buying my own books and supporting other ewriters out there. It's kind of neat (I still like to smell the pages of the book as I read) and I can see why they're popular. My touchscreen is kind of sensitive but then again what do I know, I don't even have a cell phone. Yes, that's right I don't have a cell phone. I may be the last one on the planet over the age of sixteen not to have a cell phone (even my mother has one) but I don't. I don't like talking on the phone, never have. I like to be left alone or talk to the person in, well you know, in person. I don't think I could ever text either; I have a hard enough time typing with all my fingers. If I only could use my thumbs, my hands would cramp up. Oh, I really am getting old.

Anyway, I got this ereader and I downloaded my book. Now, I will search the kobo library to find books that I can read on this thing. I'm going to the dentist on Thursday perhaps I'll take it so I can read in the waiting room. Oh, and I'm going to pick up the kid from school; I can read in the car while I'm waiting in the parking lot. And it fits nicely into my purse. I think I just might like this ereader. I still have regular books, though, and I don't think that will ever change. I just don't think I'll go to library as often.

No comments:

Post a Comment